Who We Are
The legal and personal details are listed below but the information you need is: we are a small group of dedicated volunteers who are serving these families because it is the right thing to do. We all have careers, we are all successful, and this project is one of the ways we give back.
- Friends of Ciudad Oculta, Inc, is a California corporation founded in May of 2008 with tax exempt status under IRC 501(c)(3) as a public charity.
- The officers and directors are George Helland, President, Steve Voth, Vice-president, Andres Voth, Secretary-Treasurer and Mariel Voth, Director.
- Friends of Ciudad Oculta shall not pay salaries to any officer or director.
- No reimbursement of any costs advanced by directors, officers or agents other than those agreed to in advance by the board of directors.
- The building is owned by donors who have leased it to the daycare for 50 years for $1 per year.
- The Board of Directors has adopted an IRS recommended Conflict of Interest policy with strict guidelines prohibiting self-dealing.
- The daycare is non-denominational.