Final updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Down load the information
1. Principal facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, females and girls composed 51% associated with populace of England and Wales, and men and men constructed 49%
- Many cultural teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There is a bigger feminine than male populace when you look at the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where ladies and girls composed 53% of this particular populations
- There is a bigger male than feminine populace into the Arab ethnic team, where males and men composed 58% associated with the populace, and among individuals who recognized as every other ethnicity (54% males and males)
The Census is planned and performed by the working office for National Statistics (ONS) any a decade in England and Wales. The final Census was held in March 2011.
The Census may be the survey that is only provide reveal picture of the complete populace of England and Wales. It generates it feasible to compare various areas of the nation as all households are expected the exact same concerns inside the time period that is same.
For the 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published off to any or all households utilizing a specially developed address register that is national. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals residing in domestic care domiciles, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house areas, army bases as well as other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of the, 97% responded the relevant question about ethnicity.
This information reduces the people of England and Wales by sex and ethnicity. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every group that is ethnic.
The Census is held in England and Wales every a decade to gather information on everybody residing in the nation on a date that is specific.
The census supplies the only supply of straight comparable data ru brides for both little areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The info the Census provides enables central and government that is local wellness authorities and lots of other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for a long time in the future.
The Census runs on the set that is standard of teams to gather and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census utilized 18 standardised categories that are ethnic
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other Asian background
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Every other Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ history
Mixed / Multiple ethnic teams:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Some other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Every other White background, please describe
Other group that is ethnic
- Other cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|
|any kind of||54||46|